Monday, October 17, 2011
Monday, October 3, 2011
- 200g of plain flour, leave extra for dusting
- 85g icing sugar
- 55g ground almonds
- 115g unsalted butter, dice and chilled
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- 275g cream cheese
- icing sugar,to taste,plus extra for dusting
- 350g fresh mixed berries,strawberry,blueberries..
So now come to the steps :
- To make the pastry,sift the flour and icing sugar into a bowl, then stir in the ground almonds. Rub in the butter with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and milk and mix to form a dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead briefly. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and shill in the refrigerator for 30mins
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line 12 deep tartlet or individual brioche tins. Prick the pastry bases with fork. Press a piece of foil into each tartlet, covering the edges, and bake in the preheated oven for 10-15mins, or until light golden brown. Remove the foil and bake for another 2-3 mins. Transfer the pastry cases to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the filling,mix the cream cheese and icing sugar together in a bowl. Put a spoonful of filling in each pastry case and arrange the berries on top. Dust icing sugar and serve immediately.